Re: Converting Legacy Date Fields

From: Mohamed Buhari <mbuhari_at_assigncorp.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2000 15:01:33 EST

Hi,

Just load your data into a temporary table without conversion. Your "YYJJJ" column must be VARHCAR2. After loading the data, using a PL/SQL program, convert this YYJJJ actual year using to_date(......,'J') function and insert into your master table. For 'J' Julion conversion in oracle, refer to to_date and to_char functions