Re: test and production on same database ??

From: <rungr_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:20:20 GMT

In article <85k6fd$1nn$1_at_news.mgn.net>,   "Catherine VOGEL" <cathy.vogel_at_twinsoft-sa.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Here is french asking !
>
> How can we do for having on same database one access on data of users
and
> another access on data for tests ?
>
> congratulation for attentive responses
>
> best regards
>
> Jean-François Burgos
> A++

Create two schema owners. Have one userid own all the objects needed in development, and have the other userid own all the objects needed in production. Have these userids grant access to their objects to seperate roles, and grant these roles to the developers and production users. Bon Chance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jan 14 2000 - 08:20:20 CST