Re: What is the best way to clean off a Oracle 8.0.5 from an NT server?

From: <DJLQC1234_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:29:33 -0500

Hi,

To remove Oracle from NT, do the following:

  1. Use the Oracle installer to uninstall. This will remove most executables and all services. The oraclehome directory still exists. Remove it using Explorer.
  2. Remove Oracle from the registry under local machine/software. This will remove the Oracle home environment variables.
  3. Don't forget to delete your tablespaces.
  4. Make sure your Oracle is removed from your path.
  5. Reboot.

I have done this many times without problems to install different versions of Oracle.

-Danny