Oracle8 on Solaris 7

From: Samit Rao <samit_at_netscape.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:35:00 -0800

re there any OS patches need to be installed before installation?Iam getting the following error if I try to either try Oracle server or just

Oracle client after opying some files.Looks like it is not able to compile....?

³ ³ Error during action 'Creating

rdbms/lib/psoliblist'.                   ³ ³
                         ³

³
³ ³
                         ³ ³Command:  make -f ins_rdbms.mk
/export/oracle8//rdbms/lib/psoliblist    ³ ³
                         ³

³
³ ³
                         ³ ³make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make
target                        ³ ³
                         ³ ³`/export/oracle8//rdbms/lib/psoliblist'

And then If I press "Ignore" following is displayed and comes back to "select products" screen.

3  Relinking Error.  The executables for ORACLE        3
                                    3  Common RDBMS Libraries and
Utilities was not made   3
                                    3  successfully.  Please check the
log file, and       3
                                    3  repeat the installation procedure

for ORACLE        3
                                    3  Common RDBMS Libraries and
Utilities
Any hints appreciated
Thanks
Samit Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 20:35:00 CST