How fast can you log in to Oracle ?

From: Stephen Spence <Stephen.Spence_at_Australia.Boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 23:24:40 GMT

All,

I am running some tests at the moment to determine the time in which a login to the database can be achieved.
- just login only.

Currently I have an NT server connecting to a HP(B.10.20 running Oracle 8.0.6)
over a 100Mb Ethernet segment across 2 subnets.
- I can achieve 0.27 seconds for the connection.

Does anybody out there have any experiences to add ?

Thx in advance.
Email preferred,
Will summarize,
Stephen Spence Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 17:24:40 CST