svrmgrm using Exceed gives TK2-00001

From: Sameer Utrankar <sameeru_at_exchange.ml.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:24:53 -0500

I always used to run svrmgrl in telnet window from NT (didn't have access to Unix workstation running Xwindow apps). I got Exceed today so thougt I should be able to run svrmgrm now. When I tried, I get the following error:

TK2-00001: an undefined Oracle Toolkit II failure occurred

Does anyone know what this means ? Tried some suggestions to make sure things such as DISPLAY variable, xhost + etc. When using exceed, windows get displayed on my PC screen, so DISPLAY is set to my PC's ip address. Is that correct ? (I think so because test Xwindow app such as clock works fine).

Am I missing some software that needs to be installed on database server machine. Nobody has used gui tools on this db server so far so it could very well be missing some libraries or may have them but some environment varibale may not be set right.

Any suggestions ?

Sameer Utrankar
sameeru_at_exchange.ml.com Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 14:24:53 CST