Re: Select Into doesn't work properly

From: no spam <no_at_spam.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:53:45 GMT

Dirk his Linux bakje wrote in message
<387C3429.C099DE6A_at_planetinternet.nl>...
>Hi
>
>I have a problem with a stored procedure where I declared an Select Into
>statement like:
>l_num NUMBER;
>SELECT ID_1 INTO l_num FROM TABLE WHERE ID_2 = INPUT_PARAMETER;
>This occurs in a ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested
>number of rows.

then i try this i get
ORA-01403: no data found
you must make sure the select returns a value to assign to l_num

>When I type in PL/SQL the statement:
>SELECT ID_1 FROM TABLE WHERE ID_2 = INPUT_PARAMETER;
>Then the PL/SQL says: no rows selected
>You see PL/SQL has no problems.
>
>What do I wrong,?
>Thanks and with best regards
>Dirk Joosen

This does not give an error but shows that your select does not return a value to assign to I_num

bevans @promaxis.com ( remove space to reply ) Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 11:53:45 CST