German Characterset

From: Keith Jamieson <jamiesonk_at_phoenix.ie>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:48:18 -0000

We have set up one of our Oracle databases to be in German, and have changed our keyboard to be a german keyboard.
However, we do not appear able to insert german characters , eg like u with an umlaut.
In addition, when we use the to_date /to_char functions, the database is still expecting the months to appear in english. Can anyone help me on this please. Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 09:48:18 CST