Re: External user authentication in Oracle8i

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 08:27:05 -0500

Using a hash file as an authentication mechanism is not directly supported in 8i.

One alternative, though, would be to do it indirectly through the Oracle Advanced Security RADIUS adapter. You could write a RADIUS plug-in that would do the authentication.

I get the impression, though, that this is a 3-tier environment. Is this correct? If so, let me know because there may be other options that you can use in that case.

                                       Rick

--

                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.