Re: Controlfile corruption

From: Michael Schäfer <MSchaefer2_at_de.lhsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 13:21:15 +0100

Something went wrong with your DB.
It seems that the system01.dbf is newer then the controlfile. Did you copy or restore something?

j.f.y.i.
oracle> oerr ora 01122
01122, 00000, "database file %s failed verification check"
// *Cause:  The information in this file is inconsistent with information
//         from the controlfile. See accompanying message for reason.
// *Action: Make certain that the db files and controlfiles are the correct
//         files for this database.

oracle> oerr ora 01207
01207, 00000, "file is more recent than controlfile - old controlfile"

// *Cause:  The controlfile change sequence number in the data file is
//         greater than the number in the controlfile. This implies that
//         the wrong controlfile is being used. Note that repeatedly causing
//         this error can make it stop happening without correcting the real
//         problem. Every attempt to open the database will advance the
//         controlfile change sequence number until it is great enough.
// *Action: Use the current controlfile or do backup controlfile recovery to
//         make the controlfile current. Be sure to follow all restrictions
//         on doing a backup controlfile recovery.