Re: ORACLE 8i configuration

From: Andreas Michler <Andreas.Michler_at_adicom.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:30:45 +0100

cec wrote:

> Hi,
> I have to create a new Oracle DB for a Datawarehouse
> project. The dimension of the DB is 5Gb at the start.
> Since I'm new on this kind of project I'd like to know how t
> o initialize my DB.
>
> Thanks
>
> My questions are
>
> Instance configuration
>
> db_files ?

Standard 1020

> db_block_buffers ?

RAM = db_block_buffers * db_block_size
As much as possible. For your database I think about a minimum then 128MB block buffer

> shared_pool_size ?

If your have not own procedure / Triggers ..... you can leave it in standard <= 10 MB

> Tablespace

The size is knowledged by you. (Maximum size , default storages .......)

> Which are the rules to build up the different tablespaces ?

If you have more disks make 1 tablespace for data and 1 tablespace for indexes.

--

ADICOM Informatik GmbH
Andreas Michler