PL/SQL and external procedures

From: Peter Dickmann <pdickmann_at_de.lhsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:08:37 +0100

Hi,

I want to call an external procedure from PL/SQL (8.0.5.1 on DEC Unix 4.0d). I followed the manual, say, changed the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, started the external_procedure_listener, built a shared C library containing the function, registered the library, and created a PL/SQL package comprising an EXTERN function calling the library function. But when I call the PL/SQL via SQL*PLUS, I always receive an error:

SQL> select testpack.add(1,2) from dual; select testpack.add(1,2) from dual

       *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-28575: unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent
ORA-06512: at "SYSADM.TESTPACK", line 25
ORA-06512: at line 1

The tnsnames.ora contains:

extproc_connection_data =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS =
(PROTOCOL=IPC)
(KEY=extproc_key)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SID = extproc_agent)

    )
  )

And the listener.ora:

EXTERNAL_PROCEDURE_LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS=
           (PROTOCOL=ipc)
           (KEY=extproc_key)
        )

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_EXTERNAL_PROCEDURE_LISTENER = 0 CONNECT_TIMEOUT_EXTERNAL_PROCEDURE_LISTENER = 10 TRACE_LEVEL_EXTERNAL_PROCEDURE_LISTENER = OFF SID_LIST_EXTERNAL_PROCEDURE_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME=extproc_agent)
(ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/oracode/8.0.5.1)
(PROGRAM=extproc)

    )
  )

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanx, Peter Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 04:08:37 CST