TNS-Problem connecting to a 2nd instance

From: Reinhard <reinhard_wahl_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:14:14 GMT

Hi,
my problem:

There are 2 instances with SID's A and B on a UNIX server.

I wanted to connect from my PC via HORA4 to these instances.

The entry in TNSNAMES.ORA on my PC for SID A was already inserted. So I copied this entry and changed only name and SID to B (see below).

I am able to connect to both instances with SQL*PLUS and with TOAD only when I enable Option 'Force Sql*Net (ignore Net8)'.

But with HORA4 I get ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name.

What's the reason?
Any help would be appreciated.

TNSNAMES.ORA entries:
A.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = myhost)
(Port = 1521)
) (ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = myhost)
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = A)
    )
  )
B.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = myhost)
(Port = 1521)
) (ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = myhost)
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = B)
    )
  )

  Reinhard

Replace '_' with '.' in e-mail adress to send a pm