help! newbie trying to install oracle8 on netware

From: Mikey D. <mikeyd_at_argonet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:05:56 GMT

i have installed the oracle 8.042 that comes with netware sb 5. after upgrading the installer to be y2k, so it doesn't crash i have what i think should be a working system. it is just a vanilla install so everything should be just so.
however when i try to access the server from the client using navigator i get an error ORA-12203, it can't establish a connection. from the client:

   i can tnsping the server
from the server:

   i can lsnctl80 status the listener, it's fine    i can see oranw80, the example db fine from svrmgr30

i'm a bit stuck. also when i do a trace, it's seems to be trying to REDIR to the server's external ip address. is this connected? and how do i stop it? i don't want it racking up connection charges.

any suggestions greatly appreciated,
mike

--
If I am a fool, I shall be a fool indeed, for I have thought on the subject more than most men. -FW Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 02:05:56 CST