Re: Your Expert Advice

From: Roger <NOrgSPAM_at_mcs-hh.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:34:54 +0100

You can use database triggers for that purpose.

Roger

novelist <lisamorganNOliSPAM_at_mindspring.com.invalid> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 1b58ba3b.4ae6f6b0_at_usw-ex0109-070.remarq.com...
> Greetings,
>
> I'm a high tech journalist who is working on a novel. A
> key part of the plot is discovering a hack job and perhaps
> one of you experts could help.
>
> The scenario is doctor has hired a hacker to replace his ID
> in the name field of a specific patient with someone
> elses. The hacker is an IT manager who's willing to break
> the rules for a few extra bucks, but he forgets that his
> password and login can be traced.
>
> Now, the real question is if electronic patient records
> contain several fields, how could one prove that a specific
> person altered a specific field on a specific date? So far
> I've been told by software engineers that you'd only see a
> change in the timestamp, in which case you couldn't prove
> specifically what happened.
>
> I can't believe that's the real answer. Could someone who
> knows the answer please tell me what it is?
>
> Many thanks.
>

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful Received on Thu Jan 13 2000 - 00:34:54 CST