RMAN compatibility between various versions

From: <bhoylma_at_uswest.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 23:52:01 GMT

Ciao!

Looking at the Oracle docs, I interpret them to state it is fine to use an 8.0.6 rman and catalog to manage an 8.1.5 database. The 8.0.6 database is on a Solaris 2.6 machine while the database I'm attempting to manage is on an NTsp6 machine. Connections between the two machines and with Oracle and the databases have long been established. I am only experiencing difficulties using the rman facility.

After creating the rman user and the catalog in my 8.0.6 database, I connect to the catalog and the target like this:

% rman rcvcat "rman/rman_at_solaris_server" target "sys/sys_at_NT_server"

I receive the following output:

Recovery Manager: Release 8.0.6.0.0 - Production

RMAN-06005: connected to target database: NT_server RMAN-06008: connected to recovery catalog database

Looks like I'm connected. I issue the command "register database;" and all hell breaks loose:

RMAN-03022: compiling command: register
RMAN-03023: executing command: register
RMAN-08006: database registered in recovery catalog
RMAN-03023: executing command: full resync
RMAN-10030: RPC call appears to have failed to start on channel default
RMAN-10036: RPC call ok on channel default
RMAN-03026: error recovery releasing channel resources
RMAN-10030: RPC call appears to have failed to start on channel default
RMAN-10036: RPC call ok on channel default
RMAN-00569: ================error message stack follows================
RMAN-07005: error during channel cleanup
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel
default
RMAN-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 1: ORA-04062: signature of package "SYS.DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE" has been changed
ORA-06512: at line 25
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-04062: signature of package
"SYS.DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE" has been changed
RMAN-10031: ORA-4062 occurred during call to DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.BACKUPCANCEL
RMAN-03008: error while performing automatic resync of recovery catalog RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel default
RMAN-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 1: ORA-04062: signature of package "SYS.DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE" has been changed
ORA-06512: at line 254
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-04062: signature of package
"SYS.DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE" has been changed
RMAN-10031: ORA-4062 occurred during call to DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.CFILEMAKEANDUSESNAPSHOT Resync alone causes similiar errors, as does 'list incarnations', etc. Is this in fact some sort of compatibility issue? I have repeatedly 'dropped cascade' the rman user and recreated the repository, but this condition persists.

Peace.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 17:52:01 CST