DOS batch problem

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:05:18 GMT

Hi all.
This is a DOS question in an Oracle environment.

We have a a number of DOS batch programs which we use to run sqlplus scripts, exports, sqlldr and imports. Our processing is such that certain parts have to be performed serially. However, we have a problem

Suppose we have:

sqlplus <un>/<PW>@connect_string @file1.sql exp username/password_at_connect_string file=a.dmp

The problem is that once sqlplus is invoked, the exp command begins to run immediately, not waiting for the sql script(s) to finish and exist sqlplus.

We can overcome this simple example by placing a "start /w" in front of the sqlplus command above.

However, we are encountering issues when one DOS batch script has to call another DOS batch script -

e.g.
file1.bat contains

Start /w file2.bat
exp username/password file= ....

file2.bat conatins

start /w sqlplus .......

imp .......+ other commands

The problem is that the use of "start /w" to invoke the batch file file2.bat results in a new dos window, which has to be manually closed before control returns to the calling batch programme. In other words, manual input is now required.

Can this be overcome?

Should I be looking at some other technique?

All help greatly appreciated.

Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 14:05:18 CST