8i Spatial data by postal area

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:16:45 +0000

Hi All,

We are lokking at the possibilities of using spatial data to help with geographic sales analysis based on postal (zip) areas (which can change over time.) The problem is we don't know quite where to start, where could we get a set of GPS HHCodes which represent postal areas of the UK? This would then change historically as updates are provided by the supplier of this info, but would serve as a lookup table to see sales by the current definition of a postal area - regardless of what the postal area may have been at the time of the original sale. (The GPS co-ordinate at the time of the sale is an absolute geographical reference, which is what we need).

Any thoughts appreciated on this, we are spatial newbies.

Thanks.

Steve Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 12:16:45 CST