Re: Oracle Export/Import Utility

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:30:55 GMT

In article <85i8mg$5o6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   mc59028_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Does anyone know if you can use Oracle Export/Import facility to
> specify specific records in a table to be exported?? Does the utility
> go down to this level??
>
> Ta in advance....
>
> KC

No, the export utility works at the full database, all user objects, or specific full (entire) table level.

If you want to extract specific rows and export them then do a create tables as select and export this second table.

Or you can use the spool file command along with the pagesize and linesize options in sqlplus to create an OS text file of the result set. --
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 10:30:55 CST