Re: access to oracle

From: <miaemp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:46:28 GMT

You can do this. First, you need to link(not import) the Oracle table to your MS Access DB. To do this, you need to go to the File selection, Get External Data, Link tables. Then it comes up with asking you to select a file, don't. In the lower left hand of the dialog, there should be a file type selection, select ODBC databases. From there a new dialog should come up and then you should be able to select which database. Please note that you may have to setup the ODBC connection for this dialog box. Second, you need to write an insert query from Access to insert into Oracle with selecting from your table. I don't remember exactly how you write the insert query, but, start off by creating a new query in design mode, you then should be able to set it to be an insert query. When all of the rows have been inserted, Access does an automatic commit into Oracle.

HTH Eric Peterson, DBA
Maurices Inc.
eric_NOSPAMpeterson_at_maurices.inrgMERS.com

The information and views I have expressed are solely my own and not that of my company's.

In article <85i2ti$15p$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   bmolish_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I have a table in access with 30K rows of data in it, I need to
migrate
> this data into my oracle table - is there a proceedure to do this?
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 08:46:28 CST