Import Error

From: as <joe_at_isp.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:01:14 +0200

Can someone please help?

I have taken a full export dump file from AIX and ftp-ed it to my NT4 server and tried to import it but I get this message:

Connected to: Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production

IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification
IMP-00021: operating system error - error code (dec 2, hex 0x2)
IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully

I managed to import this file last year but due to a serious hardware crash I have to do it again- could it be that in the .dmp file it stores the date and it reads "11/01/2000"?
I even did this with 2 export files done on 2 different days.

I really need to import this - I even tried the Oracle Data Manager but to no avail!!

Also if this is a real header problem does that mean that it won't even restore to the AIX database?

Thanks in Advance

André de Goede Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 07:01:14 CST