Oracle 805 on Redhat 6.0

From: MickM <mickm_at_spirit.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:57:42 +1000

Hi,

I having problems starting svrmgrl. The following is the output when running svrmgrl;

Oracle Server Manager Release 3.0.5.0.0 - Production

Message 4505 not found; No message file for product=SVRMGR, facility=MGR

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel SVRMGR> I'm running Redhat v6.0, straight out of the box. I downloaded 805 SE from Oracle and 'untarred' the distribution in /opt/app/oracle/product/805. I don't even have a database yet. Just want to run svrmgrl to create a database.

I've created the dba group and oracle user. The environment variables ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH have been set correctly.

In fact, I have actually had this exact release running on v6.0 before, but have recently performed a fresh install of everything for one reason or another. Don't recall having these problems last time though?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Mick Received on Wed Jan 12 2000 - 00:57:42 CST