Re: Anyone use Sterling's Eureka products?

From: William Teague <wteague_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 01:04:34 GMT

you are absolutely correct. I tend to base my comments on my experiences and I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on multi-TB data warehouses and with lots and lots of concurrent users. I guess its become my specialty. In that respect, I preferred the IA product (it will never be the same now that Sterling owns it) for the reasons you mentioned - scalability, doesn't create temp tables, has its own engine, supports large number of users. Also, until recently, I spent most of my time on the back end issues that are so prevalent in VLDB. If I could get a tool to scale, then I would find a way to get the users to get their info from it. Not the best approach and certainly not the one I take now.