Re: Oracle8 on OS/390

From: mkeene <matthew_keeneNOmaSPAM_at_ansett.com.au.invalid>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:44:18 -0800

We don't run the Oracle database on OS/390 (we have DB2) but we do run SQL*Net and the Oracle CICS Adapter to allow programs running under CICS on the mainframe to connect to Oracle databases running on a Unix box. We have found that the reliability of these products leaves a bit to be desired, as does Oracle's ability to provide support for them (in Australia anyway, I can't speak for other places).