Re: Oracle datafile consistent ?

From: mkeene <matthew_keeneNOmaSPAM_at_ansett.com.au.invalid>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:38:10 -0800

Sorry to keep bugging you, but the reason that I asked the question in the first place was that we had a situation where somebody (not me, thank goodness) mistakenly recreated the control file of an existing instance (not from trace, but using the scripts which were originally created to set up the instance). When we tried open resetlogs Oracle responded with "ORA-1194 file xxxx needs more recovery to be consistent", which made me think that it was looking somewhere else for the SCN. I thought that it may have been looking in the log file headers, is this possible ?

Thanks very much for all your help so far....