ORA-xxx Message xxx not found

From: <manishpandit_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:15:46 GMT

I have a trigger on a table, before insert & update.

The code looks like this...

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER PID_DNA_TEMP
BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE OF PERSON_ID ON DMP_PID_DNA FOR EACH ROW
DECLARE
  Dummy INTEGER;
  exe exception;
  BEGIN
    RAISE exe;
  exception
    when exe then
    RAISE_APPLICATION_ERROR(-20051,'BAD PID"'||'" - No such code found');
END; As expected, it raises error message when I try to insert anything. If I try to insert into the table through SQL*PLUS, it reports the correct error message. However, through my Pro*C code, in sqlca.sqlerrm.sqlerrmc, I get ORA-20051 Message 20051 not found. Error.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Manish Pandit

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 17:15:46 CST