Re: Deploying Forms on the Web using Developer 2000

From: Arkzoyd <arkzoyd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:04:24 GMT

In article <387B85D2.2D84F6E_at_trw.com>,
  Leona Vo <leona.vo_at_trw.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I deploy Forms 4.5 onto the Web using Developer 2000?
>
> Thank you.
> Leona
> leona.vo_at_trw.com

You can easily deploy Forms on an Intranet, using Forms Server, which is a kind of a middle-tier java runtime for Oracle Forms; you put the .fmx in it and it generates the .class when necessary !

I would not say this is an optimized solution to run application on the web for two reasons :
- You'll need a quite big java library, for each first time you connect. More than 500Ko as far as I remember ! - Forms server applications are better running with a pluggin called JInitiator. Which is not available on all the platforms...

But of course, this is only my opinion and personnaly, I would prefer using the PL/SQL Cartridge or Perl

Best Regards

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 17:04:24 CST