Re: Binding grid to recordset with MSDAORA provider for ADO

From: Robert R. Wagner <expantes_at_maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:05:16 -0500

As far as I know, you have to create unbound recordsets. After I've created a connection object (such as gcnADO_Or, below) I do something like the following (with declarations not shown here):

   Set mmySet = New ADODB.Recordset
   strSQL = "SELECT * FROM " & mstrmyTable & " ORDER BY " & mstrmyOrderby & " DESC"
   mmySet.Open strSQL, gcnADO_Or, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly Then I stuff the grid object from the recordset.

Now VideoSoft's FlexGrid has an OLEDB version that loads the grid directly, but you work unbound thereafter. It seems to work fine in Visual Basic 6. Unfortunately, I can't use it in Access 97 because it doesn't expose all of its events properly there. So I use VideoSoft's UNBOUND version, using exactly the method shown above.

HTH >>>>>> Robert