Binding grid to recordset with MSDAORA provider for ADO

From: hmueller <holger.mueller_at_meta-level.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 20:09:55 +0100

Hi!
As I found out, a grid control (like the Microsoft DataGrid 6.0) can't be bound to a recordset created by a server-side cursor with the MSDAORA

provider, cause the server-side cursor doesn't support bookmarks. The client-side cursor supports bookmarks and the grid control can be bound to its recorset. What's annoying, the client-side cursor seems to download the whole result from a query (which can last minutes for an amount of about 80000 sentences in my example).

Is there a possibility for the client-side cursor to fetch only the necessary amout of data (for example only the first sentences to be shown in the grid) like the server-side cursor does?

Or is there a setting for the server-side cursor to support bookmarks with the MSDAORA provider for Oracle?
thanks a lot

                  Holger