Re: What are the benefits/drawbacks of placing tables into different tablespaces?

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:56:38 -0800

If you use tablespace hot backups, it is a good idea not to place many extremely active segments in one huge tablespace. Not only will you have heavy redo generation during hot backup mode, but you will also have to apply more redologs (bacause it took longer to back up) in order to recover a single large active tablespace. --
Jeremiah