Re: OAS 4 questions

From: <mutht_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:22:10 GMT

We are running them on different servers and the database 8.0.5 . We are migrating to 8i shortly, but OAS and the database will remain on different servers.

Our experience with NT is that it's pretty good at doing one thing. As soon as we start adding services, we get into trouble. This is also due to NT's limited troubleshooting abillities. The event log is often of little help when problems occur. If you only have one primary service (such as OAS, a db instance, etc.) and something goes wrong, it's a lot easier to troubleshoot the problem.

Good luck.

In article <85c8f9$m7g$1_at_taliesin2.netcom.net.uk>,   "Rob Hewett" <rob.hewett_at_capgemini.co.uk> wrote:
> Are you running an Oracle database on the same NT server and if so is
it
> Oracle 8i?
>
> We have had problems with OAS 4.0.8 and Oracle 8.1.5 under sp5 on the
same
> server and Oracle tech. support have advised me that for future
releases of
> OAS we should either put them on different servers or regress to 8.0.x
>
> Rob
>
> WaltX <waltx_at_dnet.it> wrote in message
> >
> > HI,
> >
> > remaining on OAS I have a little problem that I don't know hot to
resolve.
> > I have nt with SP5, OAS 408 but, after installing, I can't start
the site,
> > 'cause th ORB process doesn't start. I've tried different
configurations
> > (with an without the nameserver) buteven If I try to start manually
with
> > "owsctl start -orb" it doesn't go ....
> >
> > Any suggestion would really be appreciated.
> >
> > bye

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 07:22:10 CST