Re: How datas can be handled in Big database

From: Fritz <fritz_nospam_at_mail4u.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:12:16 +0100

Using the back-up is one of the possibilities. You can also create new tables containing the 'historic' data. This way you will still have this data on-line but it won't interfere with the regular processes. And if you put these history-tables on a separate disk it won't take very much resources either.

hth,
BJ...

Fither Muhammed wrote in message
<052897bc.1c3598c7_at_usw-ex0110-075.remarq.com>...
>We want to manage a database containing more than 1 GB
>data. The data base containing 54 tables. In this database
>most of the space is occupied by 5 tables. Only the datas
>of the last six months are needed for usual operations. But
>the data before Six months are needed for annual reports.
>Can we improve the performance by taking the backup of old
>records(before six months) and delete the same from the
>database ? Can we restore the old data from this back up
>if there is a need for that? What are the
>Techiniques/Methods used for this ?
>
>We are using NT4.0/ORACLE 8
>
>Thanks - Fither Muhammed
>

>* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find
related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 05:12:16 CST