How datas can be handled in Big database

From: Fither Muhammed <fither_mNOfiSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:19:43 -0800

We want to manage a database containing more than 1 GB data. The data base containing 54 tables. In this database most of the space is occupied by 5 tables. Only the datas of the last six months are needed for usual operations. But the data before Six months are needed for annual reports. Can we improve the performance by taking the backup of old records(before six months) and delete the same from the database ? Can we restore the old data from this back up if there is a need for that? What are the Techiniques/Methods used for this ?

We are using NT4.0/ORACLE 8

Thanks - Fither Muhammed