Re: cold backup/ is this right?

From: s. hunter <sarahxhunter_at_NOSPAMTHANX.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:44:12 +0100

Peter,

I think if you query the following data dictionary views, you should get the files needed for a valid cold backup:

SELECT name FROM v$datafile;
SELECT member FROM v$logfile;
SELECT name FROM v$controlfile;

As for question 1, aren't we all??? (why no archivelog? it would make your life easier, probably, if it were on!)

Sarah