easy Import problem

From: Wong Yew Loon <yewloon_at_geocities.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:01:24 +0800

Hi,

I have a export file of a very large table of about 5 million rows which I need to import in my database. However, the table already exist in my database which contains many new rows (approx. 0.5 million) plus about 4 million that is duplicated in the export file. Note that this table has also got several unique indices.

The last time I have tried is that I have import the 5 million row export file and let it keeps complaining about the Unique constraints. However, as this is taking too much time and is draining the server resources.

Anybody has got any idea on how to complete the import of the 5 million row export file in the database more efficiently, best is I can import only the select 1 million rows which does not exist in the database.

I have a problem that I do not have sufficient space in my server to create another table or tablespace or database to perform this task separately.

Pls help.....

cheers,
Yew Loon Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 02:01:24 CST