Online backup of raw devices

From: Mike Ng <mike_at_email.tech-trans.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:34:30 +0800

Hi all,

Now, I am using the Oracle8.1.5i and RS6000 with AIX4.3.3 for testing. And almost all the datafiles are using the raw devices. This machince will become a production soon. However, I still cannot find a good backup scheme to do the online database backup. What only I can find the document, is backup up the database using command dd but it must stop the database first. Anyone can give me some hints and reference on Online backup. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Mike Received on Tue Jan 11 2000 - 01:34:30 CST