Re: Oracle datafile consistent ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:13:34 +0100

The controlfile IS continually updated. It contains one SCN per datafile. If you have recreated your controlfile from trace, you can only issue alter database open resetlogs.
If you have restored it and do recovery you should use 'using backup controlfile', so Oracle knows YOU are going to determine where to stop recovery.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA