catalog.sql et al.

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:01:10 GMT

What sql scripts, such as catalog.sql should be run during database creation? After running catalog.sql, catproc and catexp, have all the object been created that may be used? Is there one master script that will create any objects necessary to use any feature of oracle?

I know this sounds vauge, but after looking at these scripts it seems that not all catalog-esk scripts in rdbms/admin are run by catalog/catproc/catexp.

Also, can you always rerun catalog/catproc/catexp (and any others) on a production database if there is a problem with an object that is created in these scripts?

For example, I am having the following error on export full direct.

. exporting posttables actions

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4068 encountered
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04063:  has errors
ORA-04063: package body "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 787
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SQL", line 328
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION", line 82
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_EXPORT_EXTENSION", line 133
ORA-06512: at line 1
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I used to get other error here, but after tracking down where they were created in the scripts in rdbms/admin and re-running those scripts, I have gotten to the above error and can not get rid of it.

Should I just recreate the database? This database is only a few days old. What could have caused the creation to fail? I used orainst to create the database. Does orainst output it's database creation to a log file somewhere?

Thanks.