Q: Obscure ORA - 01013 error

From: Uwe Wahser <uwe.wahser_at_mlp-ag.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:57:51 +0100

dear colleagues,

after porting cobol code with embedded sql from an adabas to an oracle server in unix environments, we are experiencing irregular ORA-01013 errors from oracle. these appear only once in a while, are clearly not related to the involved data, and are also not provoked by users, as the error code implies.

we suspect some system fault on the level of the oracle server, as this problem seems to come along with 'big' selections. The oracle-admins say, that sufficient ressources have been allocated to oracle. does anyone know of situations, which cause oracle to pass out with that message for no reasons?

thanks, uwe Received on Mon Jan 10 2000 - 03:57:51 CST