call system exe from a trigger

From: Scott Patterson <Scott.Patterson_at_iMark.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:00:44 -0600

Is there a way to execute a system command (in this case unix) from a trigger. In the past I have used dbms_pipe to a system daemon. One of my colleagues assures me there is a way to run system commands without the daemon but can not remember how it was done.

In particular I would like to send mail.

anyone?

Scott Received on Sun Jan 09 2000 - 19:00:44 CST