Re: Can' t start Oracle as a NT service

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:14:14 GMT

If an Oracle product depends on an Oracle database being up and running, sometimes the Oracle product looks for the database before the database is up. Then the product does not start. In your case you seem to be using the 8i database as the repository for the OEM. OEM needs the database to be up and running. Perhaps the database is not available when OEM looks for it.

Van

John Maclaren <john.maclaren_at_eds.com> wrote in message news:38766191.A0219652_at_eds.com...
> I am having a similar problem but only with the Oracle Enterprise Manager
> service. I have both the 8i database instance and OEM installed on the
same
> machine but just the 8i overhead eats up most of my physical RAM and much
of the
> swap file. So I imagine when I start the OEM service it is simply running
out of
> memory since it says it starts but when I login it says "no instance
found".
> When I go back into Control Panel -> Services the OEM service is NOT
started.

> This is a P2 - 266 Mhz with 128 mg RAM, NT 4.0 SP5. I am sure I need more
RAM
> but just wanted to double check since memory prices are so high right now.
>
> Brian Peasland wrote:
>
> > Check the NT Services and make sure that they log on as SYSTEM. If they
> > are logging on as another user, make sure the user has Log On As Service
> > rights.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Brian
> >
> > Roger wrote:
> > >
> > > I just tried to establish a testing environment but I can't start my
Oracle
> > > database as a NT service. The services start normaly and I don't
receive
> > > error messages or log entries. But If I try to connect I receive :
Instance