DB mirroring & concurrent OLTP/batch processing ?

From: Didier Legrand <d.zebig_at_free.fr>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 19:48:53 GMT

Hello,

We are a team of software developers, in charge with the maintenance of a customer care system, written with dev2000+Pro*C, and running on UNIX with Oracle server 7.3.4.

It has been designed to run OLTP and batch programs in separate sessions (day / night) but now, we need to manage the overlaping of these sessions (day : OLTP-only, night : limited OLTP + batch).

The software is much to complicated to analyze all possible conflicts between TP and batch programs and we would like to avoid massive code rewriting...

We are now thinking of a solution based on a mirrored DB, synchronized during OLTP-only session (a kind of standby DB), then available for limited OLTP access during batch session, and whose changes would be logged and applied at the end of the batch session to the master DB...

We are very interested if someone has already faced this kind of problem, or has suggestions or... better ideas !

Thank you.

Didier. Received on Sun Jan 09 2000 - 13:48:53 CST