Re: reallocating tablespaces

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 07:31:24 -0800

Hi,

Please notice that setting tablespaces PCTINCREASE to zero will cause those tablespaces to be Excluded from "fet$/uet$". The matter which will lead Oracle background processes not to automatically coalesce the free space within those tablespaces.

We actually recommend setting PCTINCREASE 0 for TEMPORARY tablespace mainly due to system "intensive waits" while trying to coalesce the free space.

"
The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"