Re: Replication evaluation

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 09:17:03 -0800

Laimis

You don't so much look at the different replication solutions for OLTP as much as determine the business need first then map the type of replication to it. For example, if you want ti have multi-update access (update at multiple sites) then basic replication won't do it. Also, I suggest you compare apples with apples. ShareFlex does log based replication from memory, Oracle's replication is trigger based.

Benchmarks are of virtually no use. It's totally dependent on data volumes, data sizes etc.

HTH. Pete