Re: Wrapped PL/SQL vs. not Wrapped

From: Johan Wegener <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:36:28 +0100

Thanks for the reply! But surely some differences must exist, the wrapped PL/SQL variety must obviously be parsed by another parser than the readable one. Or am I missing something? The Oracle documentation does not describe how this situation is handled. Could you?

Thanks again,
Johan

Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> skrev i en nyhedsmeddelelse:8a497sgej11opdiuvs9amc6olqu5d9m3cg_at_4ax.com...
> A copy of this was sent to "Johan Wegener" <xjw_at_xdde.xdk>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:01:11 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >A simple question:
> >
> >Does anybody know whether wrapped PL/SQL is parsed and executed faster
than
> >non-wrapped?
>
> no, wrapped/non-wrapped execute the same at run time.
>
> >In other words, what is the best way of distributing PL/SQL
> >modules from a performance point of view? Any other considerations in
this
> >context?
>
> use wrap when you don't want people reading your source code. use
non-wrapped
> otherwise.
>

> >Thanks,
> >Johan
> >

> --
> See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
> Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated June
21'st

> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation Received on Fri Jan 07 2000 - 04:36:28 CST