Re: Queston on Oracle

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 09:27:30 +0000

Ya Li Wang wrote:

> 1) How to merge the database file from Microsoft to Oracle 8i under UNIX
> 2) which Oracle manual for 8i is the best one ?
>
> 3) How to create a tablespace ?
> 4) When I run Oracle 8i with PC version, Can I see the interface of
> database structure just like Microsoft access ?
>
> Thank for your anwer, I enjoy learning from all of you.

HI
1) you can't - but you can import the data, or create a database link between the two.
2) depends what you need to know, alot are online via metalink. 3) create tablespace tblespacenm datafile datafilename [file definition if new]
4) yes - several 3rd party tools to this and Oracle Designer (I think) can do table painting.

Martin Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 03:27:30 CST