Serversizing Hints for a e-commerce Project!

From: Rotter Richard <rotter_at_aon.at>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:58:48 +0100

Hi to all Gurus!

We are Planing to start our first internet project soon. We want to install an search-engine for a daily-newspaper-company advertisments.

We want to use Oracle 8i Database to store the Data and the Oracle PL/SQL-Toolkit (htp, owa)
for developing the software. We want to use SUN Solaris 2.6.

We have no experience, what kind of Hardware we need for the web-listener and
for the database server.

Is there anyone, who have experience with a similar project? What kind of hardware do we need for Database-Server (Sun Ultra2 with 1 proc. or Sun E10k with 64 proc?)

kind reguards,
Rotter Richard
email: richard_rotter_at_mediaprint.at Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 15:58:48 CST