Re: Installation problem with Oracle 8.1.5i on Linux

From: IDEDWARDS <idedwards_at_aol.com>
Date: 06 Jan 2000 21:24:45 GMT

I had the same problem as yourself. What I had to do was something like the following :

First you need the JRE v1.1.6 patch number 5 (from ftp.blackdown.org) and install it somewhere. Make a symbolic link between the install directory and /usr/local/jre.

What I found was when you run ./runInstaller you get the error 'argument list too long', but if you run the installer shell script instead ( install/linux/runInst.sh) this fixes the problem.

You also need to ensure that you have enough swap space also (roughly 3 times the amount of main memory). My PC has 128Mb of main memory, but it took me several attempts to get it to install correctly.

Hope this is of help.

Ed Received on Thu Jan 06 2000 - 15:24:45 CST