Re: Oracle 8i and MS Access 2000?

From: Jeff & Vicki Crump <crumpaz_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 20:36:15 GMT

Assuming you are using the Oracle Migration Assistant:

Most of the conversion is automatic; however, after the migration completes, verify that the data types and macros are converted without problems.

The Oracle Microsoft Access Assitant generates a migration log and report --- view it for and error messages.

There are additional steps, for instance, you should take if you are planning to take advantage of the full capabilties of 8i:

Precompiler applications - You should consider relinking the applications to the SQLLIB runtime library provided by the 8i precompiler before running them against the 8i database.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it worked out for you.

JD