Re: database server platform performance comparisons???

From: Art S. Kagel <kagel_at_bloomberg.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 12:44:00 -0500

You are looking for the TCP benchmarks. Keep in mind that the results there are often old and do not predict the performance you will get on your own database and applications. The best benchmark is one you run with your own data. Most of the RDBMS vendors will give you a 30-90 day trial license to do your own benchmarks and most will help you set the benchmark up including providing a consultant or two to help out. You just have to develop a test plan that can be fair to all vendors.

Art S. Kagel